Friday, December 23, 2011

The most wonderful day of the year!

Happy Christmas Eve-Eve!! I love today. It is my favorite day of the year, except for Ragnar, which is a close second. There are no expectations for Christmas Eve-Eve. You just get to enjoy the fact that Christmas is close enough you can almost touch it - but it's still intact and ahead and full of possibilities.

Back when Shane's grandparents were healthy enough to travel, Christmas Eve-Eve was spent with them. We would get off of work and head to Shane's mom's house to eat and talk and enjoy each other. I miss those days. One year I went to the Nutcracker with my family and watched my niece dance. The year Thomas was born, we had him blessed on December 23rd. Last year we spent it with some good friends, and tonight we are going to dinner with other friends. I'm excited!

I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas Eve-Eve. Do something fun. Enjoy the fact that today is just an extra, free, almost-holiday. Do you have traditions for today?

No comments: